Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
An opportunity for 100 people from around Nebraska to:
- Advance LGBTQ friendly communities, schools and workplaces.
- Meet with other passionate individuals from urban and rural communities.
- Build relationships so we can work together.
Friday Dinner, networking and panel discussion by leaders from around Nebraska.
Saturday Continental breakfast; skill-building workshops; networking sessions; lunch; discussion groups; film screenings; dinner with closing plenary and discussion.
Sessions will include:
- Midlands LGBT Community Needs Assessment: A Conversation on Preliminary Findings, Christopher Fisher, PhD. and Jay Irwin, PhD.
- Finally Out: Letting Go of Living Straight in Mid-Life, Dr. Loren Olson
- Taking Control of Your Health, Ryan Sallans
- Reflections on HRC's DADT Repeal Campaign, Nic Swiercek
- Bullied to Death: Safeguarding LGBT Students in Schools, JohnCarl Denkovich
- Performances by the Omaha Theatre Company for Young People's Pride Players.
- Nearby hotel rooms will be less than $100/room. Details will be provided soon.
- Homestays will be available from local PFLAG members and Hastings College faculty.
To pay by check or at the door: Enter the number of people you would like to register on the form above. Fill out the registration information on the next page. At the bottom of the registration page, look for "Other Payment Options" and click "show."
Visit http://inspiringcommunity.49voices.org for more information.